Sunday, February 28, 2010

Butterfly Behind the Mask

Scared of being rejected,
I sit wondering what would happen if you knew who I am and who I was.
I am alone even when my friends stand by me.
Feeling as if I am an ugly toad in the midst of beautiful butterflies.
I hide behind the mask.
Wanting to take it off.
But the fear of what would happen is enough for me to keep it on.
Wanting you to know me but not know really who I am.
I hide behind the mask.
I wait for you to come for me and say you need me,
but it is useless,
it’s like waiting for rain in a time of drought.
I wonder where you are and what you are doing,
will you ever come to me.
I’m tired of waiting.
Tired of wearing the mask.
But I’m not bold enough to take it off for it hides the real me,
the me only I know.
The mask is my worst enemy and yet it’s my best friend.
It keeps me from showing who I am,
but keeps me from the pain of rejection.
Come take it from me,
for only you it seems can.
I need you to save me from the waters of my fears and sin I’m drowning in.
I need you to hold me close and keep me safe from the world around me.
I need you to dry my tears and make me feel like a butterfly again.
I need you to make me feel loved, safe, worth something and beautiful.
I need you!

By, me

1 comment: